Maintain, Support, Upgrade, Migrate or Web Enable
ABT Solution’s Software Maintenance Experts have been trained to understand and debug the software developed by your programmers (in-house or outsourced contractors) or third party vendors and maintain the software, fix bugs, release new versions. The product may actually belong to a third party vendor say an overseas software vendor. The Software could be current or legacy i.e. developed decades back, mainframe or Web Enabled. We maintain them all.
Our Support Maintenance activities involve three areas:
- 1. Bug fixing – Fixing bugs in application or products or interfaces to make it run smoothly.
- 2. Upgrade or Migrate Application or Data – Upgrade Application or product to make it compatible with technologies of the day or better.
- 3. Overseas or Third Party Vendor Product Support – We provide Level 1 and Level 2 support and maintain Third Party or Overseas Vendor Products. The Support is provided to Indian Customers or worldwide for 24X7 scenarios.
FULL RANGE OF PRODUCT MAINTENANCE SERVICES
- Upgrade Windows XP Application to work on VISTA, Windows 7 or any other OS
- Upgrade or cross-grade database e.g. MS SQL 2000 to MS SQL 2005 or MS SQL 2008, Sybase to MS SQL Server 2005, or 2008. Oracle
- Add New Features and Functionality to existing application e.g. add new forms, easy to use features, functions, validations to an existing application.
- Develop New Modules – Also covered in Software Development activities, this means developing New Modules, Reports, extensions for current application.
- Application Migration or Cross-grade – This involves creating new applications in different technology regime such migrating application for Client Server or ASP to ASP.Net or Web Enabled regime, changing databases or moving from MySQL/PHP to MS ASP.net / MS SQL Server and similar instances.
- Legacy Application Upgrade – This sensitive activity requires special handling as often legacy applications contain core knowledge that cannot be disturbed. The legacy application may be built 20 years back and involve technologies such as Fortran, ALGOL, COBOL, Ingres, Sybase, Informix, MS Access, Dbase, Fox Pro / Foxbase, Clipper and many others. We handle such applications with due care to deliver new applications that enshrine core body of knowledge but in the state of the art regime.